Buy it at Insound!

Saturday, January 09, 2010

Concerts 2010

I need to make a list of this somewhere, so what better place than here?

2/23 Cold Cave
I haven't really listened to Cold Cave, but I've heard good things and the show is only $7. If I can't make it, I suppose it won't really be a big loss, at least until after I hear them and really like them. That way I can kick myself for it.
3/11 Ted Leo
I've missed the past two or three times he's come around, and it's really a shame. I saw him back in high school when a friend and I won tickets off of WRUW and it was very, very good. The energy was high, and even though there was a kid I knew doing the same slow, waving dance the entire time--and this annoyed me, because I'm kind of a jerk--it was a fun time.
3/13 Summer Cats / Afternoon Naps
I have Summer Cats' album, and I like it. I haven't listened in a while, but I know I liked it. But seeing the band live will hopefully hook me. The Afternoon Naps are opening, so that's pretty exciting.
3/17 Psychedelic Horseshit
I have not listened to this band, but it's at Now That's Class ($5) and I think they're from Columbus. I've never been to a shitgaze show, so I figure what better time than now?
3/23 Big Pink / A Place to Bury Strangers
Big Pink's album from last year was a big surprise. I didn't expect to like it at all, but that might just be because their name leads to thinking about the Band (whom I do like, but the reference scared me, not sure why). Anyway, it was fantastic! As for a Place to Bury Strangers, I have no idea. I have yet to listen to them. Soon.
3/24 Real Estate / Woods (@ Case Western, so I think that's students only?)
I liked the Real Estate album I listened to, but I haven't listened to Woods. I don't think it matters though, I'm pretty sure all the Case Western shows are students only. I am not a student there, so I'm most likely not going. What a drag though. Case gets some great bands. I think Fucked Up and Kurt Vile are going to Oberlin soon, but I'm not sure if that is students only either.
3/29 Miles Kurosky (Pittsburgh)
3/30 Miles Kurosky (Columbus)
Oh man, this is the show that I am the most excited about (the true Pavement excitement comes as it gets closer). Kathee just told me about it today. Of course, he's not coming to Cleveland, but I'm willing to travel. If you need to know why, listen to Beulah. What a wonderful band. Although (gasp!) I think I left his upcoming solo album out of 2010 releases list. I doubt I'll make it to both shows, as they are on a Monday and Tuesday and I have work. I'll definitely make it to at least one though.
3/31 Strange Boys / Prisoners
The Strange Boys are pretty good. I haven't listened to their album for a few months, but I know I was obsessed with it for a couple weeks. Prisoners are a local band that put on a pretty good show.
4/1 Henry Rollins
This is in Kent and is $20. I'm not sure if we're going, and I'm not sure what he'll be doing. But who knows? It'll probably be a great time.
4/5 the xx / jj
What a lineup! Two bands whose debut albums were both amazing. Of course, not coming to Cleveland, but should be worth the trip. The worst part about this show: having to pay Ticketmaster's goddamn convenience charges. Hearing "VCR" and "Ecstasy" live should make it quite an experience though.
4/6 Japandroids
I missed these guys last October at Now That's Class. Thankfully though, I woke up this morning to a text saying that they had announced a show at the Grog Shop. So hooray! 2 shows six months apart! Wonderful!
4/30 Yeasayer
I didn't expect to like their first album, but I did! Everyone has been saying their upcoming album is excellent, but I have yet to listen. That's all I've got.
9/24 Pavement
Holy cow! Can you believe it!? Pavement! Did I blog about this already? Pavement!!! I don't know how I'm going to get to New York, where I'm going to stay, or anything about the city. But I bought my ticket for day four of their stint in NY and now just have to focus on keeping it safe for another eight months. I'm still hoping the band comes to Cleveland (but come on, why would they?) so I can double the awesomeness that is 2010.



remember to support your favorite bands. buy vinyl.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Buy it at Insound!