Buy it at Insound!

Monday, January 11, 2010

Let's Wrestle!

I just started listening to Let's Wrestle about a month ago. The first song I heard ("I Won't Lie to You") had an opening verse that fit the way I feel so well.
No matter how many records I buy, I can't fill this void
and no matter how I try and calm down, I can't help but feel annoyed.
Perfect! I can't think of any two lines that have hit me closer. Boy, I wish I wrote that. Every song seems to be so simple and condensed to a perfect piece of music.

The reason I brought this wonderful band up today is because I just found out Merge Records has signed them and is putting out their debut LP, In the Court of Wrestling Let's, on March 23. This record has been available in the U.K. on Stolen Recordings, and I have been very tempted to buy it . Unfortunately for me, that would cost somewhere between $30 and $40. I'm not entirely sure, I never found out the shipping price, and even then I'd have to convert that from pounds. But now, I just have to wait a couple of months and can buy it locally! Hooray!

And who knows? Maybe this means Let's Wrestle playing in the states? Sure, they'll probably skip Cleveland**, but I'm (sort of) willing to travel.

But, give them a try!
Here's a download from the Merge website for the song "We are the Men You'll Grow to Love Soon."
And here's a live video from two years ago:


I think they're awesome, and I hope you like them too.


remember to support your favorite bands. buy vinyl.


**Dear Let's Wrestle,

Please do not skip Cleveland. I really think there are some great venues here (Beachland Tavern/Ballroom, Grog Shop, and Now That's Class), and we have some really cool record shops (Blue Arrow Records and Music Saves). Plus, if you come anytime that isn't in the winter, the weather won't be horrible! But I'm pretty sure we'd love to have you here anytime. At least I would. Heck, come play in my basement if you'd like, there's nothing down there but carpet and my house mate's table tennis table. Perfect place for music. But congrats on signing with Merge, and I wish you all luck.

Signed,
Drew

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Buy it at Insound!